8.10.2010

dear soul..




Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul?
      Why are you crying the blues?
   Fix my eyes on God—
      soon I'll be praising again.
   He puts a smile on my face.
      He's my God.

That was from David (Psalm 42), and he's struggling. He's struggling to remember God when it seems everyone is telling him that God's not there anymore.

He knows that He's near, for He's always close, but the talk of others seems to prevail at times.


I just love knowing David struggled with his soul; he struggled with not being "happy" all the time.

But he knew how to overcome it; he fixed his thoughts on the things God had done before. Proving He was there and showing to himself how good he always knew God was.

Sometimes it takes a little reminder of how wonderful He is even if it's not apparent in that moment.

2 comments:

jim baker said...

david was pretty much the man, i'm glad, because sometimes he makes me feel not so crazy emotionally.

krista said...

seriously..you can just hear his crazy screaming out!
so i feel okay letting my crazy out. haha